The heart and soul of the League of Women Voters is educating citizens to make informed decisions and to be involved in government. The Voter Service Committee works to increase turnout by facilitating voter registration and education. The League strives to ensure democracy works for every citizen by making sure every vote is counted and by following legislation impacting voting rights.
Now available: Visit the League’s Guide to 2018 Elections
For more, read Voter Service Updates.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan organization. It does not support or oppose candidates for public office in any election, nor does it take a stand for or against a political party.
Upcoming Voter Services Events
— Jennifer J. Edwards (@CollierVotes) November 30, 2017
2018-2019 Voter Services Program
Provide programs to inform voters and encourage active participation in elections.
Education / Action
- Sponsor televised candidate forums.
- Monitor Supervisor of Election and Canvassing Board meetings.
- Develop a plan to increase voter registration and voter turnout in Hispanic, African-American, and other minority communities.
- Develop voter educational materials to encourage voter education and voter turnout.
- Coordinate with other community agencies in nonpartisan issue forums
- Participate in the LWVCC Speakers’ Bureau.
- Continue involvement in Know Your County Government Teen Citizenship Program