Education has the power to change lives. Adequate funding, well-rounded curriculum, and accomplished educators are important components for setting a stage for high student achievement. This committee tracked education bills before the FL Legislature and the FL Constitution Revision Commission. Efforts are also underway to examine funding and accountability.
For more, read Education Updates.
Upcoming Education Committee Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.
2019-2020 Education Program
- Support and influence the promotion of high standards for student achievement through adequate funding, well-rounded curriculum and the highest levels of professionalism for teachers, administrators and school board members in the Collier County Schools.
- Support and advocate in behalf of adequately-funded, high-quality Pre-K learning opportunities for all Collier County children.
- Educate our members and the community about the Collier County public and private school systems.
- Research and discuss current school district and preK-12 education issues to identify those that deserve further study. Report these findings to the League Board and membership for consideration for advocacy.
- Organize educational programs relative to the goals for the committee and general membership.
- Conduct interviews/meetings with administrators and School Board members School District administrators, principals, teachers and other education leaders to learn more about issues under consideration.
- Conduct “Hot Topics” meetings to address current issues.
Action / Advocacy
- Promote civics education in public and private schools.
- Promote adequate funding for high-quality early childhood, public school education programs.
- Monitor Florida legislation relative to the education program and take appropriate action.
- Partner with other organizations, when board approves, to advance LWV positions on education.
- Participate in a national, state or local study, if available and/or requested.