League Members and their invited guests meet twice / year for an engaging and thoughtful book discussion. In addition to meeting and connecting with other members, book club exposes one to books one may not be aware of — or offers an extra incentive to finally read the book one has heard so much about and hasn’t yet read.
The November 2019 section is: Elizabeth Cady Stanton & Susan B. Anthony (A friendship that changed the World) by Penny Colman
Past books include:
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- Thank You for Being Late: An Optimist’s Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations by Thomas L. Friedman
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
- Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire
- Euphoria by Lily King
- Soldier Girls by Helen Thorpe
- Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotle
Upcoming Book Discussions
There are no upcoming events at this time.