|Make sure your voice is heard on Election Day. Democracy is not a spectator sport!
Who may register to vote? In order to register to vote, a person must:
For a more complete discussion of voter registration requirements in Collier County, click here to visit the "Voter Registration Information" section of the Collier County Supervisor of Elections' website.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Be a Florida resident
- Be 18 years old (you may preregister if you are 16 years old)
- Not now be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state
- Not have been convicted of a felony in Florida, or any other state, without your civil rights having been restored
- Provide your current and valid Florida driver license number or Florida identification card number. If you do not have a current and valid Florida driver license number or Florida identification card, you must provide the last four digits of your Social Security number. If you do not have a FL DL#, FL ID card#, or SSN, write "NONE" in the box provided on the voter registration application.
On July 30, 2006, our League issued a press release to the local media titled ?League of Women Voters of Collier County Offers ?Why Should I Vote?? for Free Local Distribution.? Our goal was to help get out the vote for the September 5, 2006, primary election and the November 7, 2006, general election by offering this important and timely brochure free-of-charge to interested individuals and organizations in our area.
For a printable copy of ?Why Should I Vote?? in English, click here. For a printable copy of ?Why Should I Vote?? in Spanish, click here.